What is a beauty blender?

I have had a few people ask me what a beauty blender is so I thought I would clear that up for ya. A beauty blender is makeup sponge created by two top Hollywood makeup artists. It's amazing because it's washable, reusable, and recyclable. It's also latex free and anti-microbial. The cool thing about it too is that it can be used with all kinds of makeup; liquid base, cream base, mineral makeup, cream blush, powders, etc. The beauty blender can be used damp or dry, but I like to use it damp because it expands when wet thus making the sponge more soft and creates a more "airbrush" type finish.
How to use: stipple or "bounce" beauty blender when applying your makeup for a flawless finish.
http://kimiyajoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/blender.jpg

How to clean: It's important to remember to wash not only the beauty blender, but all of your makeup applicators/brushes! One way that I like to do it is with baby shampoo because it's gentle and won't dry out your applicators. Get it soaked in warm water and squirt a little cleanser on it and scrub it til it's clean. You may have to repeat this step a few times and then lay it on a paper towel to dry. If you don't have baby shampoo, you can pick it up at your local drugstore for less then $3.
I have the knockoff beauty blender which I picked up at Walgreens for around $7. I have read tons of reviews from women that have bought both the original one and a knockoff and they said they can't tell the difference which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about having the cheaper version. Can I get a woot woot for knockoffs! http://thewinkblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Beauty-Blender.jpg
So if you are looking for an amazing makeup applicator for pennies of what you would pay for a high end brush, go and get yourself a beauty blender and have fun applying your makeup in a whole new way!

Have a great weekend and remember to always be kind :)

Ali


Comments

Popular Posts