Tips to dress for your body type

We are all born with the bodies we have and although we all have something we would like to instantly change about our bodies, we just can't. We come in different shapes and sizes which means we all look and feel good in different apparel. I have a pear shape which means my bottom half is larger than my top half. For so long my least favorite part of my body was my thighs because they are bigger, but with learning tips on how to dress for my body I feel that I can wear flattering clothing and love the way I look and feel.

The first tip is to be honest with yourself. I have always wanted to be a size two and thought that I would only love my body if I were that. But over the years I have realized that unless I wanted to starve myself (which I did for one day in high school and thought, "wow... uhhh this ain't happenin sister!" plus I enjoy food waaaayyyy too much) I am never going to be that size and guess what? It's ok! I have learned to accept my body for what it is and not convince myself that it's something different. 

Another tip I have learned along the way whether it be with makeup or clothing is that dark colors diminish or make objects smaller and light colors make objects more prominent or larger. For so long I always wanted to wear the bright/light/patterned colored pants in hopes my thighs would look great, but without fail they always looked larger and I felt like a serious frump girl. 



Like said above, if you have a body part that is larger it is better to wear dark colors so as to make it appear smaller. On the left side I am sporting some fun leggings with a dark top and as you can see it makes my bottom half larger thus creating the appearance of an unbalanced shape. In the right picture I am wearing darker bottoms to slim down my thighs and a bright colored loose top to balance my body shape.  Don't get me wrong though, I think leggings are adorable when they are tastefully worn and for me that is to pair them with a longer top to hide my booty and thighs :)

So whether you are a size 2 or 20, learn your shape and whatever that may be just flaunt it girl!!

Ali

Comments

Popular Posts