hello again

Hey so yeah... It's been a few weeks now since I have posted anything on here! My bad y'all. We have been packing and my computer has also been sooooo slow so editing videos and typing hasn't been an ideal thing for me. And we also had been sleeping in our living room in a one bedroom apartment (don't recommend it. at. all) while my sweet little guy took over our room. So that being said I felt that my house was so chaotic and that made my mind so chaotic which made it so I had no motivation to do anything not even sit down to write a blog post... it was weird, but we are in a two bedroom apartment now and it's glorious.

During these past few weeks I have discovered a few things that I wanted to share with you. First things first I have found some great drugstore makeup goodies that I will be posting about in the near future and I am so excited!

Secondly like I said before my computer is pretty old and has soooo much music and pictures, etc. that we are going to reboot soon so hopefully it will run a lot quicker to do some tutorials and such.

Thirdly... Ok I guess I will just tell the background of this first. I have been stressing a lot about wanting to be thinner, more toned, in shape etc. I follow some fashion/fitness blogs and instagrams and sometimes feel like I fall short of perfection while looking at all of the healthy non gmo, gluten free, organic recipes I am not making or exercises I am not doing.  About three weeks ago I started a workout routine and a somewhat healthy diet thinking it would boost my self esteem and outlook on life. Let me clarify first that I think these things are great in and of themselves, BUT I stressed myself out so much that I actually felt less toned and less confident. I was so focused on not gaining weight that I actually felt like I did. I have come to realize that I want to look and feel healthy and to achieve that, for me, is to do everything in moderation. I feel the more I tell myself I can't have something (sugar) I want it even more and if I skipped a day of working out I would beat myself up. So now if I want a small treat during the week (I say during the week because I usually have treats all weekend long haha) I have a few mm's or a few chocolate chips and my sweet tooth is pretty satisfied. I would rather be happy and not be in the best shape of my life rather than stress myself to the point of unhappiness because I ate a doughnut. 

Some of you may totally disagree with me especially if working out and/or nutrition is your passion and your life (which I think is awesome if it makes you happy!!), but for me it's all about moderation and balance and I feel that's when I am truly myself and happy in my own skin. 

Anyways that was a long shpeal, but hopefully we can just find what makes us truly happy and DO IT! I miss you guys! I also miss doing videos and sharing what I love so I won't be taking long breaks for weeks anymore, at least without telling you ;) I promise! Have a great weekend and the next time I am on here there will be a fun tutorial! 

Muah! Ali  

Comments

Popular Posts